Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Well, I had the birdhouse all Summer and here it is, finally done... The auction is October 15, all the proceeds will go to Habitat for Humanity. Habitat builds a home a year here in the valley for an area family. They are going to double their goal to two starting next year(I think). The wooden birdhouses came from the residents of the jail in Canyon City. I am so excited to have been a part of this project. I'll have to go to the auction just to see and photograph the other houses.

I covered it in ochre and dark violet brocade, two coats of Modge Podge, painted it and then a last coat of MP and water.

Mine:

















And Denny's:





Oh, and Spencer...I promise I will send you those paper samples you asked for! Sorry I haven't written back. Perhaps I will do something crazy and do so with a pen and handmade paper,LOL! There is certainly much to catch up!





No comments: