Monday, January 01, 2007

more yarns and a resolution





I have decided to join Wendy's Knit from Your Stash resolution-especially since spinning fibers are exempt! Here are the guidelines, though I would add that I am making mine a "work from my stash" commitment.

. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

2.a. Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?

2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.

2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.

2.d. We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time.

3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.

4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.

Anyone else who would like to join us in this is welcome to do so! Feel free to link to this page or to post the guidelines on your own blog. You may also alter the guidelines to suit your own situation.





***
That said, here are the yarns I spun this weekend. I asked Crys to come help me with it for a few minutes this evening. I was sure I was getting worse, but she assured me that I was not. I LOVE lumpy, bumpy yarns, but in learning, I also want to learn to make smooth, consistant yarn as well. It's a craftsmanship thing as with throwing or pulling paper.


***
I'm looking for some work- out of town if need be. In Feb, my income will fall by half. Yikes! There are a couple artist-in-residence gigs that I am looking at. We shall see! The challenge to make a living as an artist is in full swing!

No comments: