Thursday, July 13, 2006

Must.. post... something...


Lesseee.. What am I doing?

A few days ago, I made my first paper from jute! It is surprisingly sleek and beautiful, almost soft. I will try to photograph it, but that never works as well as my scanner for showing off the grain. And.. my scanner doesn't seem to want to connect to my laptop via the Airport station.

I finished off my summer school classes. I am armed with more ideas than I can ever use and have been cautioned-rightly so-to keep it focused on the message.

I must admit I find myself longing for the days when I can work on stuff willy-nilly for a bit. In the meantime, I continue to work on my rug for part of the installation... (see pic )

I sent off a packet of slides to the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. It must be time for rejection again ;) There's no need for me to take it personally. It's like dating--not everyone is your style, yes?

But still... Those slides cost me $50.00 plus postage!

A week's worth of solid rain (VERY unusual for this high mountain desert climate) has made a dramatic dent in the work I did for Summer school ( I haven't edited those pics yet). I love to make stuff and watch it fall apart.
Remember that scene in Lilo and Stitch (I have the movie-and the Soundtrack. Uh.. and various "Stitch" toys... ) where Stitch makes a Lego San Francisco and then destroys it? I love that scene.

I'll (almost) conclude this entry about all the pics I am NOT posting with a minor miracle pic. My youngest Border Collie, Maizy, is phobic about cameras. Today, I managed to snap this one before she saw (heard?) me. I think the sunshine lulled her into a false sense of security. I love this dog-despite the fact that she moved over thirty pieces of our clean laundry from the laundry room to the kitchen tonight.

Why? Who understands the neuroticism of the Border Collie?

I'm betting she heard me tell Denny that I was going to start giving away a large portion the clothes that I do not wear.

There is another pic is of her. She is standing on a pile of bricks outside my studio window after I threw her out for pestering me with a Frisbee. In our house the "F" word is "fetch". Don't say it unless you mean it, and don't throw anything unless you plan to do so for an hour.

You've been warned.

No comments: