Sunday, January 16, 2005

linseed oil

I learned something I ought to have known years ago. Boiled linseed oil is toxic, it says so right on the can. And...of course, I ignored it. But, somewhere in the papier mache production(scroll down), I noticed that the offgassing that occurred as they dried was both smelly and irritating. My eyes itched, I was lethargic and slow. Most of this I attributed to allergies and the very hectic life that I lead, but then there was eye twitching too. Hmmm....

So. Take note. Boiled linseed oil, bad. Raw linseed oil, good enough to eat.

No comments: