Friday, December 19, 2008

Vote now!

http://www.progressnowaction.org/page/content/senpoll2/

Dear Governor Ritter,
When I first heard Barack Obama speak at the '04 Dems convention, I wasn't looking at the TV screen, I was in another room, listening as an afterthought. After a few minutes, I went to look at the TV because I thought... "Is that Mike Miles????".

I was disappointed that it wasn't Mike. I didn't know this guy, but he said so many of the same things, that I sat to listen to him (Obama) and was inspired all over again--but... I kept thinking, "That should be Mike".

That was the year I returned to political activism--because Mike made me--and so many others--feel like we had a voice again. He lost, but we stayed-- empowered by his inspiration.

Governor Ritter, we met during your campaign at MudPuppy's coffeehouse in Monte Vista. We don't agree on several issues, but I felt safe that your heart was in the right place. I'm asking you now to appoint Mike Miles to Salazar's senate seat. I'll remind you Miles won the state convention vote the year he ran. He has tremendous support amongst the grassroots community. He simply needs you to give him the opportunity to share his personal greatness. We need more voices like him, like you and like Obama for the challenges that lay ahead.

Sincerely,
Laura Murphy
Monte Vista, CO

No comments: