Saturday, June 23, 2007

never a dull moment..http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif


There are many news yarns available, one exhibit and one festival down and one to go!

Again, I just LOVE it (sarcasm intended!) when people assume that the life of an artist is all-and this is a quote, "play". In my optimistic moments, I assume that they mean that I now work very hard at something I love as opposed to suggesting that there is nothing substantive about the work that I do.

Ironically, how I hear these things has much to do with how rested I am, which is tenuous considering... how much I LOVE my work!













I started experimenting with Cushing's Dyes that I bought from The Bellwether (see top left).
I love, love, love, mixing up a pot o' dye and adding more of the fibers every few minutes as the exhaust to get variations of the color...

The next yarn is from a batt by Amanda at Black Cat Handspun.


My breakfast is close to ready, so I shall close for now-but ... I GOTTA tell you about our Spinning WHEEL RAFFLE at slvfest.com! Crystal refurbished a beautiful, antique, Ashford Spinning Wheel for our festival raffle. You can even buy the tickets online! Go see, go see, go seeeeee !

No comments: