Friday, February 18, 2005

art is my life

Busy week, even busier day today! I am feeling resistant to say the least. It's grey outside, and I am tired and sleepy. Tuesday night alone, I was in my studio at the college until 10.

The faculty show is down now and a new one opens today. I am thrilled by the work! The artist is Gary Voss and a former Professor to my Professor and friend, Gene Schilling. Gary Voss works in ceramics and encaustic-some the same materials I am using this semester. Gene told him about me and he brought info to share with me. I feel honored sharing in this tradition of learning.

Here is another mask I am working on. It is sealed and held together by encaustics.



So today I will spend some time with Gary, attend his lecture and opening and then... as if that were not enough... attend a meeting of my art group. There is another meeting-this one for the Arts COnsortium on Sunday. Meetings are always more fun, more interesting than I think they will be, but at the moment, I just want to go back to sleep.

Must be time for more coffee.

No comments: