Monday, August 30, 2004

I had a quick talk with my advisor at school and he said he considered me to be an open media student. This is th ebest possible news I could get right now short of my business selling.

What this means is that I can keep making paper and it counts! Any time I spend at home working on paper counts as studio time! This is so exciting AND a huge relief!

I don't have to choose or kill myself to do it all! Happy day!

I spent my first day in my studio space at school painting and collage with my paper, stalking people to show them, uh... my new paper...

We tore up a couple cotton/muslin white sheets over the weekend to make cotton rag/white paper. It is wonderful. But.. so is the denim paper. And the white cotton rag/denim paper....

We also collected flax, which I cooked in lye for about six hours. After rinsing it for a good while, I laid it out it the greenhouse on a screen to dry and bleach out a bit in the sun. I may ret it a bit before I beat it this weekend.... I still have to finish another round of cotton rag--oh! AND the cattails Denny found me. But the cotton will make a nice addition to any other pulp I cook up...

I am sooo loving this. What a life!

No comments: