Friday, July 23, 2004

There are two, 7' chickenwire butterfly wings in our back yard!

I made them. My hands are scratched and stinging and I need an afternoon cup of coffee, but I am so happy with this.

I spent a couple hours this morning very, very frustrated because it was raining and weather.com predicted rain all weekend--and this is the weekend that the float gets built. For the parades next Thursday.

And. And.. I like to think my word is worth gold-if I say I will do it, I will. (Though I am very good at saying nothing at all.) All of which mean I was reealllly stressing about this!

So... After another round of deliveries to a merchant, I decided that there was nothing I could do about the weather and had to rethink my scheduling...

So I took a deep breath, sent out an email with an alternate schedule to the few volunteers involved and let it go.

I even took a nap in the afternoon.

Miracle of miracles, when I woke up, the sun was out and the grass was dry, so I built the armature for the floats!

The rain is moving back in fast, so this was a gift! Thanking The Powers That Be, thanks be to Thee!!!


No comments: