Saturday, May 07, 2005

wah

The semester hardly ended the way I anticipated. Instead of showing work to the faculty and my peers as well as enjoying the fruit of their efforts, I succumbed to a particularly virulent, no pun intended, intestinal bug. I spent Graduate Review on my sofa sleeping between bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. I wished I was dead.

I am on the mend, but weak and tired and sad. Some days, some things are just not meant to be. My Review has been rescheduled for the beginning of the Fall Semester, but...For now... It's just not the same and it reminds and reinforces for me the reason that I went back to school. I went back for the learnin' and the learnin' requires feedback!
I will continue to work this Summer on my own, but it..just ... will not be the same.

It will be different, and I will never really know what that means.

Oh, well. Don't listen to me. The first thing I haven't thrown up in 30 hours was the cup of yogurt I ate 30 minutes ago. And there's still time...

All of which means, I'm a tad delirious.

I'll spend my weekend watching movies, regaining my strength, grading papers and publishing the occasional picture of the work I had planned to show.

No comments: