Sunday, March 16, 2008

*sigh*


I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I have committed myself to the arts in my community--and I really am committed to them. I feel passionately about creating opportunities for those of us with a creative inclination in life. But sometimes... I feel rather trapped by it all.

Lately, I have been rather crabby about the amount of time I have prioritized to organizational work over creative, art making work. Actually, it makes me down right pissy. And while I have most of the next few days to do some art making, I still have a grant to write and a team to put together for a long-term community proposal--and of course they were all due yesterday. These things need doing, but I keep asking myself.. does it have to be me? Of course, it does not. But who? It's a bit of a trap of my own making.

And then.... I go to a meeting were there is a lively exchange of ideas and I am thrilled all over again. More will be revealed, I'm sure. My board terms are up next year. I'll be grateful to turn it over and just do a few volunteer jobs.

The really wonderful news is that we may get our gallery open this year. I will be very happy to have that happen. I sorta miss having some place to go to work everyday.

Which reminds me. I better get to work :)

No comments: