Thursday, May 18, 2006

of rest and knitting. Well... Knitting blogs...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and emails of support :) I feel compelled to say that I am resting and sleeping much more now that school is out. I get o work in wways that are far more enjoyable.

For years I resisted (didn't make time for?) yarn and beads...I told myself I didn't have the time, the money, the storage area.. Those were the days.

I suppose I knew I would have to ge back to knitting since I learned it from dad. It was one of three concrete things that I could point to and say that I learned from him, so I want to keep that close to me. OK... and it's really fun. (BTW, the other two things I am certain I learned from dad are fishing and cussing out people on the road ;)

So... now that I have a loom, zillions of beads, my yarn stash grows everyday and Crys taught me to crochet.. well.. I want to read a few knitting blogs. You see where this is going, yes? Which to read?!?!?!?

Seriously. If you have a favorite knitting/crochet blog, would you please leave me a link in the comment box? I would so appreciate it.

I don't know how I found it, but I started with When Knitting Was a Manly Art in deference to dad. I liked the blog very much, but when I wanted more to read (and more, more pictures!)well, it seems everyone's knitting blogroll is so long, I haven't any idea where to start!

Yesterday's mail brough my new copy of Knitting Over the Edge (9.95 at Zooba.com btw) and it is FABULOUS!

Guess what I'm doing today? Well, that and having lunch with Katherine. and.. packing to go the Democratic State Assembly (I'm a delegate!).. and.. and.. I'm doing it again, aren't I?

No comments: