Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Oxymoronic

Anonymous left this comment: " I'm not sure what's worse, those whose minds are closed to art, or those whose minds are closed to everything else..."

I thought about it for a sec before I realized what it was that was so puzzling. I realize art as a way of understanding life, a language for deciphering experience. Is it the only language? Of course not! There is poetry and politics and mathmatics (which I understand only abstractly!) and religion and physics and biology... Oh, let us not forget music and theater!

And, happily, art... is a big enough house for all of these. There is no "everything else" the way that I understand art. Art imitates life and life imitates art. It's spiritual. Art is a language to ponder, relate and celebrate, well, everything!

Onward and upward. That was fun!

No comments: