Saturday, April 30, 2005

I can see for miles and miles...

That song is playing in my head.

I built my installation today. In fact, on a day when much of Monte Vista was cleaning winter out of their yards, I built several small installations in my front yard. I snapped tons of pics for documentation of said works as well.

This is the first shot of the largest piece. I have yet to title any of them.


This is an aerial view of the same piece. There are paper pellets in the funnels that have fertilizer and an assortment of flowers that are meant to attract hummingbirds and butterflies embedded in them. The paperclay is not bisque fired, so my hope is that as this deteriorates, it will be a bed of these flowers. We shall see...


I am happy to say that I did, indeed, experience the same peace I installing these that I do when I garden, so that much is also a success as I had hoped to bring that energy to my art making.

More tomorrow. It may be late, but I have a cigar and a new toy to play with! ***Mine is the Craftsman version of the tool on the right... Thanks, Denny!

No comments: