Monday, January 03, 2005

worth every minute

Teaching is the hardest--and the easiest--of endeavors.

Notes like this make my day:
..."I just got back from D.C. and Virginia and I had the chance to go to the Smithsonian. We (visitied) two of them. It was
so awesome. We went to the art one. I got to see a real life Van Gogh and Monet and a whole lot of others!!! I will come by and show you pictures.It was so much fun and I got to apply what I learned and sound really smart with my family. I will see you soon."


Denny and I also love this about going to museums. He hates studying art history and I adore it. Well, perhaps not the studying but the knowing thereof. Especially the knowing and the seeing and the connecting of the conceptually, abstracted, expressionistic and/or minimalistic, and largely metaphorical... dots.

No comments: